Saturday, February 6, 2016

It's a good life

I woke up this morning to a good life....in a warm house, with floor heat no less. I am grateful.

I also woke up thinking of the stories my grandparents told about starting a family, living in a drafty and cold log cabin. 

How Grandma carried the babies all day long because the floor was too cold to let them crawl.  

How the rug by the front door would eerily ripple and levitate, lifted by the icy wind whistling under the ill-fitting door. 

How she worried during blizzards that Grandpa would become snow blind and get lost between the barn and the house. 

Tomorrow I'll wake up into my good life again, grateful for all the goodness and tender mercies that surround me, all made possible by the hard-work, sacrifice and love of family. It's truly a good life.
Grandpa Frank DeBoer

No comments:

Post a Comment